Fashion Council Germany and Southern California-based global lifestyle brand UGG® (a division of Deckers Brands [NYSE: DECK]) present the Rising Voices Award in Germany.
The Fashion Council Germanys mission is to create more awareness for sustainable practices and to promote new emerging talents through initiatives and projects like the Rising Voices Award. This new project, initiated by the Fashion Council Germany in collaboration with UGG®, aims to support, motivate and promote the next generation of emerging German designers who are committed to a more sustainable future for the fashion industry and whose vision and DNA embody the bold, expressive nature of UGG®.
Known for its iconic and classic boots, UGG® was first worn by Hollywood royals, fashion editors and then the world. UGG® designs and distributes footwear, apparel, accessories and home goods with an uncompromising approach to quality and craftsmanship. As an environmentally and socially conscious brand, UGG® strives to be socially just, economically inclusive and ecologically restorative. At the same time, UGG® is on a journey to a more regenerative future and is committed to finding innovative and sustainable solutions that benefit the environment and reduce the impact on the earth's resources.
Reinterpret the iconic UGG® 'Classic Mini' boot with sustainability and craftsmanship in mind.
Applicants will be given the creative task of designing a conceptual redesign of the iconic UGG® "Classic Mini" boot with their sustainable vision in mind.
An international jury of experts will select ten finalists who will be given the opportunity to realise their concepts in prototypes. The ten final prototypes will be presented to the press and industry representatives during Berlin Fashion Week in September 2022.
The winning concept will be awarded 20,000 EUR prize money for the most innovative approach, creative excellence and sustainable implementation. The runners-up will each receive 2,500 EUR.
- 11 May 2022 - 26 June 2022: Application phase
- 27 June - 05 July 2022: Jury selection of the 10 finalists
- July - August 2022: 10 finalists will receive a pair of UGG® boots for prototype development.
- August 2022: Visit of the finalists & creation of the video clips
- 05 - 10 September 2022: Exhibition of the prototypes and announcement of the winners during Berlin Fashion Week.
- Julia Ballardt & Nico Verhaegen from Milk of Lime of the 20,000 euro prize
- Karen Jessen and Nicole Knüppel from Butterflies & Feathers each receive prize money of 2,500 euros as runners-up
- Alisa Menkhaus from the label SUSUMU AI
- Andrea Bonfini from FADE OUT LABEL
- Jeakyong Sim from Acceptance Letter Studio
- Julia Ballardt & Nico Verhaegen from Milk of Lime
- Karen Jessen
- Lucas Meyer-Leclère from LML Studio
- Nicole Billet from Butterflies & Feathers
- Svea Katharina Beckedorf
- Toni Dathe
- William Fan
- Bianca Lang-Bognar, editorial management Brookmedia
- Christiane Arp, Chairwoman Fashion Council Germany
- Helene Frain, Vice President of Design UGG®.
- Inga Griese, Editor-in-Chief ICON Magazine
- Magdalena Schaffrin, Co-Owner & Creative Strategist Studio mm04
- Nicks Ericsson, Senior Director of Purpose UGG®
- Scott Lipinski, CEO Fashion Council Germany
For further questions please contact:
Project Manager Rising Voices Award
+49 30 994 0489 - 55